“Manchester needs you!
You probably know the Greater Manchester branches of CAMRA organise the magnificent Manchester Beer and Cider Festival and have done so since its inception four years ago. We have now found our new (and hopefully permanent) home in the centre of Manchester in the Manchester Central Convention centre – which you may know better as G-Mex – and are already planning for the 2018 (24th – 27th January) and the 2019 (23rd – 26th January) events.
While we have an excellent Organising Committee, there is always room for new blood and new and different skills. We want to give more members the opportunity to get involved in the festival and want to assure every CAMRA member in the region that we are by no means a closed shop.
Can you help?
Professional qualifications that would make our event better:
· Do you hold a Security Industry Authority badge – or would you like to be trained to get an SIA badge? We have paid for several members to gain such qualifications that some have then used to gain a new form of employment or enhance their own employment opportunities.
· Are you already, or have been, employed in the pub or brewing industry?
· Do you have design skills?
· Event Management skills?
· Organisational skills?
· Or are you just willing to get involved to ensure that our event becomes better and better every year?
Beer knowledge – if you have visited the event as a customer you will be aware of how big the event has become and how modern the event has become.
Are you interested in craft beer? We now sell craft beer in both keykeg and cask form.
We also research and purchase foreign beers from all over Europe.
Have you an interest in Cider and Perry? Mead? Fruit wines – then yes, we have bars that sell these. You could help us source and sell them.
Customer care and ‘back room’ skills:
Do you have customer care skills? Interface well with the public? Or are you a “back room” person? We have opportunities for anybody who wishes to stay in the background whether during or before the event.
· We need help in designing posters, website work, designing beer mats, thinking up a logo, ordering polo and T shirts for sale.
· Are you interested in food? You could organise the food for the Volunteers from a local hostelry? Or organise many other things?
· You could get involved with selling VIP packages?
· You could meet and greet people coming to the event?
· You could help to serve beers to customers who have paid for tasting sessions?
· Know your way around websites and coding, or systems automation? We need you.
There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer for all aspects of the festival, both before and during it.
Many of you will have skills from your working life that we could use in the organisation of the event or during the event itself. To reassure you, many jobs in these days of electronic communications and the good old fashioned phone don’t involve a lot of time at meetings, so perhaps you could think of offering us a little of your time and helping the campaign at the same time? We’re also keen to recruit deputies – so you could work alongside more experienced members to get a feel of festival organisation.
It’s not all one way
There are benefits to helping organise a beer festival…
· We reward all participants with free beer (or cider).
· Free Volunteers T-shirt.
· Commemorative Volunteers Polo or T-shirt at cost price.
· Free food during set up and take down.
· Organised nights out during set up.
· Some travel and accommodation benefits.
· A volunteer party with food, drink and awards.
· The pride you’ll feel of putting on a nationally-recognised event that attracts more than 13,500 visitors and serves over 62,00o pints.
I promise you that you’ll be very welcome and you’ll make new friends for sure. You can do as little or much as you feel able. If this is for you, or you want to know more, just drop me an email or ring me at the number below. Or, log onto the website and look for http://mancbeerfest.uk/?s=volunteering
Phone: 07961 886696 Email: Organiser@mancbeerfest.uk
Web: www.mancbeerfest.uk Facebook: http://facebook.com/ManchesterBeerFestival Twitter: http://twitter.com/MancBeerFest
Wednesday 24th Trade and CAMRA Members only 1630 – 2100.
Thursday 25th – Saturday 27th 2018
Manchester Central Albion Street M1 5LN